Android Course Content
All the Topics given are taught in Android training.
Course Content – Android Programming
Unit 1 – Introduction to Java and Android
- Android Stack Introduction.
- Installing Android Studio and Develop first app on emulator
- Architecture and building blocks
- Android App develop process.
- Java overview – Data types, Conditionals, Loops and Operators
- Android UI– resources, threads, themes etc
- Debugging in android
- Assignments on Java Classes, Methods, Objects, Instances etc
- Adapters, Activities, Receivers and Providers
- Telephony System Architecture of Android
Unit 2 – Systems Programming and JNI Concepts
- Introduction on System programming in Android
- Java interface
- Native library implementation
- Develop the sample native library
- Using native functions in Java code
- Permissions and Security.
Unit 3 – Android Graphics and Multimedia
- Audio / Video playback, Basic Graphics – Input Handling
- Assignments on playing audio and playing video
- Accessing Files system, SD Cards
- Data Binding, Content Provider, SQLite overview
- Assignments and exposure to Lab infrastructure
- UI design aspects of Applications
- Gestures/click handling/touch
- Instant UI Elements at runtime
- Views and Conversations with views
Unit 4 – 3D graphics in Android Widget and OpenGL
- Other authentic views in Android
- Android Widget Development
- Introduction to OpenGL
- Using Threads and Models
- Texture in OpenGL
- Create a application in OpenGL
Unit 5 – Android Networking
- How to Access the Internet?
- use of Web services
- Use of Java and Java Script
- Location Sensing
- Client Server Programming
- Working with XML/JSON
Unit 6 – Complete App Development
- Developing live modules and Application
- Exposure to development on Phones/Tablets/Settopbox.
- Developing custom launchers and Splash Screen.
- Applications utilizing location and maps
- Contact with full software lifecycle for market launch as needed.